traverso-user

Re: [Traverso-user] groups?

From: Remon
Subject: Re: [Traverso-user] groups?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2008 16:56:34 +0100

Hi,

> >And similar for AudioClip groups I suppose? This is certainly something I
> > have in mind, but I'm not yet sure how this would work with the 'soft
> > selection' concept. It'll most likely require some additional action to
> > toggle the group 'active' or 'inactive'. Once the group is active, gain,
> > mute etc will apply to the group.
> >Of course, ideas and suggestions are welcome!
>
> well, the number keys (across the top of the keyboard) are not yet used
> (although you may have future plans for them?),

They are not used yet indeed, but they can be used like all the other keys,
and now also as numerical input, for hold type actions that support it (Gain
currently)

> so they could be reserved
> for groups. i.e. <1> with the mouse over a track area would toggle that
> track as a member of track-group-1. then, perhaps you could use <` 1> to
> toggle the group active or not (and <` 2> for track-group-2, etc). group
> status could show either in the track info area at the left of each track,
> where there's still lots of room, or in the track properties window.
> unfortunately, this limits us to 10 groups.

Hmyeah, I'll think about it....

> of course.... unfortunately, i'm not a programmer, but i can test stuff.

That's very nice as well. Specially if you can use cvs :)

> how many developers do you have now?

This one tells more then thousand words:
http://www.ohloh.net/projects/3015/analyses/latest/contributors
(very cool site imo)

> take care...

You too!