tof-general

Re: [Tof-general] Installation & Configuration

From: Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy
Subject: Re: [Tof-general] Installation & Configuration
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2001 19:43:00 -0300

I changed that line in slooze_local.php and now I can access the login page,
but when
I login with the 'admin' user and the password I setup before running the
script,
right at the top of the page I get ERREUR : UID VIDE. If I put in a non
existent user
or a bad password for user 'admin', nothing happens. I think this is correct
and that
there seems to be a problem further on after 'admin' actually does login. Maybe
the
UID value is lost somewhere after the login?

Any ideas where to search for this problem?

I also noticed that if I run the program right after starting PostgreSQL (i.e.
only
PostgreSQL is active in the process list, I get this error when accessing the
login
page (before it shows up):

Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel
unexpectedly. This probably means the backend terminated abnormally
before or while processing the request. in /home/httpd/phplib/db_pgsql.inc on
line 69

Database error: Invalid SQL: select val from active_sessions where sid =
'a93c8afd14265be29afbfba74820320f' and name = 'slooze'
PostgreSQL Error: 1 (pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.
This
probably means the backend terminated abnormally before or while
processing the request. )
Session halted.

The next time I try it, it works but then I notice that there are more
instances of
PostgreSQL running in an idle state:

postgres: postgres delacy 127.0.0.1 idle

After several uses of login, there are many more instances. I believe that this
has
something to do with persistent connections to the database. What do I need to
do to
kill them off? Or is something missing in the program?

If I do this with the psql command line tool the SQL statement works OK the
first
time and all the next times with no idle instances left over.

Well, we're getting much closer now...... In the meantime, to prove to myself
that I
have gd, jpeg6b, Image Magic, etc. properly installed, I've written a small
test page
to render thumbnails and connect to PostgreSQL. After that I hope to print out
the
source code and analyze it because I have ideas for new features I need.

By the way, I noticed that your example site has a check box called 'recurse'.
It's
probably for the next version. What is it supposed to do?