tiger-user

[Tiger-user] File system scans - excluding NFS mounts?

From: Peter Ross
Subject: [Tiger-user] File system scans - excluding NFS mounts?
Date: Thu, 31 May 2018 16:18:49 +0800 (+08)

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the use of tiger.

Thanks Javier, for looking after the project at the moment.

The question:

Can I exclude remote file systems from operations?

We installed tiger on our new VMs recently, and experienced quite overload on the NFS server until we realized that the tiger crons were all scanning the same filesystem (which has large exported filesystems).

We would like to exclude remote filesystem (mostly NFS, we have a few special cases with sshfs) from tiger in general.

Is there a way to do so?

All what I found is from the Changelog

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/tiger-announce/2008-09/msg00000.html

- Add new variables in tigerrc:
* Tiger_FSScan_Local: if set, filesystems defined in it will be considered
     local and will always be analysed.
   * Tiger_FSScan_NonLocal: ff set, filesystems defined in it will be
      considered non-local and will not be analysed.

But I am not exactly sure how to handle it.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you
Peter