social-mediagoblin

[Social-mediagoblin] New indexing setup

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: [Social-mediagoblin] New indexing setup
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 21:13:05 -0500

Hey all,

I've changed the way indexing works in GNU MediaGoblin.  We're no longer
using mongokit's indexing, which seemed acknowledged by their own
mailing list as non-ideal, and had some other problems (no way to
deprecate indexes, etc).

Anyway, indexes are added / deprecated along with migrations now, so
should happen automatically when you run:

  ./bin/gmg migrate

See mediagoblin/db/indexes.py for more info.

Thanks,
 - Chris

--
The bottom line.