social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] long live 0.0.1! what's next for 0.0.2?

From: Christopher Allan Webber
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] long live 0.0.1! what's next for 0.0.2?
Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 08:38:16 -0500

will kahn-greene <address@hidden> writes:

> Also, what do we want to accomplish for 0.0.2?  Does everyone know what
> we accomplished for 0.0.1?  If not, maybe a list of things we just did
> is a good place to start.

I am addressing this first and maybe I'll address the rest later.

I'm actually going to be out this month a lot because of traveling for
work and Libre Graphics Meeting (I hope to see quite a few of you there)
is messing up my weekend-time.  The one thing I know I need to finish:

http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/264

I can finish that this month (and a lot is hinging on me doing so) but
beyond that I'm not sure what I'll be able to do.  I think Will has a
pretty good idea of how things are going and for everything he doesn't
he has a direct link to me.  But I still wonder if me being gone quite a
bit this month means we should aim to release 0.0.2 at the end of June
rather than the end of May.

Here are things I'd like to see happen for 0.0.2:
 - Get image processing done and get images to be listed and viewable,
   really basically, by finishing http://bugs.foocorp.net/issues/264
 - Get basic theming in place
 - Other things like user confirmation email handling, etc.
 - ???

So maybe now is a good time to assess who's on list and is interested in
doing these things:
 - backend / python programming
 - frontend / javascript stuff
 - graphic design / theming / template work
 - documentation

If you're interested in one of these things, please speak up on list, or
email me privately.  I'd like to get an idea of who has what skills and
what tasks we can start having people work on!

Thanks much,
 - cwebb

--
http://dustycloud.org/