sed-devel

Suggestion for a vast improvement of sed

From: n bohn
Subject: Suggestion for a vast improvement of sed
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2020 18:42:14 +0100

I've  been using sed for years, and yes, it's powerful... but it can be
better.
Finding sed's syntax quite complex and unreadable – especially when it
comes to
loops and advanced sed'ing, I came up with a solution which not only makes
sed
easier to write and maintain, but also a lot faster...

In order to implement this solution in sed, a simple flag would be needed,
and
I believe, not much coding.

If you should be interested, I will document this solution properly.

Regards,

Nicolay Bøhn
(senior software engineer)