sed-devel

Re: new snapshot available: sed-4.7.13-3c1e

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: new snapshot available: sed-4.7.13-3c1e
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2020 10:54:48 +0100

Jim Meyering writes:

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2020 at 10:08 AM Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Jim Meyering writes:
>>
>> > It's been a year since the preceding release, so this feels overdue.
>> > Please give it a whirl and let us know how it goes.
>>
>> Builds fine on GNU Guix master.  Log attached.
>
> Thanks for testing/reporting.

You're welcome.  Thinking about this, it only makes sense for essential
core/bootstrap packages, especcialy GNU packages such as SED to check
them on Guix before a release.  This was kind of a coincidence and
personal interest; I am wondering if it would make sense to do this
more structurally, and add make, awk, coreutils, ... for example.

Thoughts?

>> Would you be willing to also provide a GZIP compressed version of future
>> sed releases too?
>
> Done via the attached.

Beautiful, thank you.  By replying with a patch you make me realise that
I could have helped by writing it for you when making the request.  Oh
well.  I don't see it in git yet, is that right?

Greetings,
janneke

Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | AvatarĀ® http://AvatarAcademy.com