sed-devel

[compile error] execute.c b/c local variable 'stdin' in 'debug_print_inp

From: Jannick
Subject: [compile error] execute.c b/c local variable 'stdin' in 'debug_print_input '
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 09:12:59 +0100

Hi,

First of all: The debug feature is really great - congratulations for that,
guys!! I can say for myself that seeing what is going on behind the scenes
makes it easier a lot to work with sed.

Compiling sed from master at .git throws  the error in function
debug_print_input, because stdin is already globally defined (in stdio.h)
with type FILE*:

../sed/execute.c:1252:8: error: expected declaration specifiers or '...'
before numeric constant
   bool stdin = (input->fp && fileno (input->fp) == 0);
        ^~~~~
Compiler:
$ gcc --version
gcc.exe (Rev3, Built by MSYS2 project) 8.2.0

Doing the obvious, renaming the variable 'stdin' to, say, '_stdin' in
debug_print_input , remedies the issue for me.

Thanks,
J.