sed-devel

Re: non-recursive makefiles

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: non-recursive makefiles
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2016 16:04:38 -0700

On Tue, Jul 19, 2016 at 10:28 PM, Assaf Gordon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The attached patch fixes all previous issues, and tested to work on various
> systems (e.g. Fedora, CentOS, Debian, BSDs, solaris, AIX, Mac OS X).

Thank you.
Nice work!

To get past "make syntax-check", I had to split a line in lib/local.mk
that was longer than 80.
Similarly (addressing a preexisting problem), I had to move the
J.T.... line in THANKS.in to follow the other names starting with "J".
That let "make distcheck" get to the more interesting parts:

  ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
  ./lib/.deps/obstack.Po
  ./lib/.deps/getfilecon.Po

I haven't yet investigated, but note (if you cannot reproduce)
this was using automake built from upstream git master.

Once you split the lib/local.mk line, you're welcome to push.