sed-devel

Re: tests: test -i/--inplace with backup suffix option

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: Re: tests: test -i/--inplace with backup suffix option
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2016 01:26:48 -0400

Hello,

> Instead, I propose the attached patch (intended to be applied before
> your test additions), that adds the envvar-check file, as used in grep
> and coreutils, along with Makefile.am adjustments

Attached improved (and expanded) tests, adjusted to the envvar-check patch
(included as well).

Unrelated to these, I think there might be an issue with
'testsuite/invalid-mb-seq-UMR.sh' - it uses 'LOCALE_JA' variable, but the
variable is not passed using 'testsuite/Makefile.am' in 'TEST_ENVIRONMENT' like
other locales.
Perhaps something like:
    LOCALE_JA='$(LOCALE_JA)'
would solve it. will investigate later on.

regards,
  -assaf