savannah-i18n

Re: [Savannah-i18n] es_Es.po: First draft ready

From: alfonso_acosta_mail
Subject: Re: [Savannah-i18n] es_Es.po: First draft ready
Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:01:57 +0200

Mathieu Roy wrote:
Your locale is /usr/local/share/locale.

A textdomain() should be added when these files are not in
/usr/share/locale. It's documented in gettext - we should add a note about that, right.

It's working! The textdomain was right (the name of the file is savannah.mo so textdomain('savannah') is fine) the problem, as you said is the directory where the locale files should be searched by gettext(). That was corrected by adding this line to include/i18n.php:

bindtextdomain ("savannah", "/usr/local/share/locale");

Before knowing that function I tried doing:
setenv("TEXTDOMAINDIR=/usr/local/share/locale");
as gettext(1) suggested, but it, of course, didnt work.

I think the name of the locale directory should be stored during installation, for instance in a config file variable named sys_localeroot.

Something like bindtextdomain ("savannah", $sys_localeroot); should then be added to include/i18n.php.

I'll try to send a revised translation as soon as possible.

Cheers

Alfonso Acosta