savannah-i18n

Re: [Savannah-i18n] es_Es.po: First draft ready

From: alfonso_acosta_mail
Subject: Re: [Savannah-i18n] es_Es.po: First draft ready
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2003 03:43:04 +0200

Mathieu Roy wrote:

3) What should I do to start testing the translation?  I copied the
file to the po directory and typed 'make refresh-po' but my browser,
even if it's configured with es_ES as first locale, showed pages
untranslated.  It's quite important to begin testing the translation
because I found lots of 'context dependent' problems (I left some
phrases untranslated due to that), which, for sure, should be fixed
by seeing the translation in action.

I didnt manage to make the translation work :(

* First, po files must be installed.
It means that your file must be in savannah/po, and then in this
directory, you should type
        make update-po
make make install (as root probably)

Done, the files are installed properly (I needed to type make es_ES.mo as well)

* savannah php code should be aware of this translation availability,
check and modify savannah/frontend/php/include/i18n.php

Here is where I get my problem:

address@hidden include]# locale
LANG=es_ES
LC_CTYPE="es_ES"
LC_NUMERIC="es_ES"
LC_TIME="es_ES"
LC_COLLATE="es_ES"
LC_MONETARY="es_ES"
LC_MESSAGES="es_ES"
LC_PAPER="es_ES"
LC_NAME="es_ES"
LC_ADDRESS="es_ES"
LC_TELEPHONE="es_ES"
LC_MEASUREMENT="es_ES"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="es_ES"
LC_ALL=es_ES
address@hidden include]# echo `gettext -d savannah Message`
Mensaje

which seems to be ok, but adding these two lines to the end of
include/i18n.php:

print "[".$locale.",".setlocale(LC_ALL,0)."]<br>";
print(gettext("Message"));

I get:

[es_ES,es_ES]
Message

printed at the top of the front page. Why I don't get "Mensaje" instead of "Message"?

(Note: the script doesnt care about the TEXTDOMAINDIR env variable, which should point to the locale installation dir if it's different from /usr/share/locale/)

Once you are happy with your translation, would you like to be able
to put in the Savannah CVS by yourself? If you plan to get it
up-to-date in the future, it can be easier for both of us to grant you
write access to the CVS for this specific purpose.

Thanks, that would avoid bothering other persons. I'll try to update it frequently, but first I should finish the first version :(.

Regards,