savannah-i18n

[Savannah-i18n] es_Es.po: First draft ready

From: Alfonso Acosta
Subject: [Savannah-i18n] es_Es.po: First draft ready
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 22:37:11 +0200 (CEST)

Hi:

I didn't know the existance of this list a few days
ago so I posted my questions regarding the spanish
translation to savannah-dev, sorry for the
crossposting.

I've just finished the first draft (which is attached
to this message). I think it isn't ready to use, so
someone (probably me) should revise it. Please, bear
in mind I'm not a professional translator nor a native
english speaker so, although I tried my best, I could
have commited basic errors.

Now I have some questions:

1) Can someone check wether the file is well formated?
'make refresh-po' worked just fine, but I'm not sure
if the header is ok (license, copyright notice and all
that stuff).

2) I'm  not sure if the translation is valid for other
spanish-speaking countries apart from Spain, thats why
I named it es_ES.po instead of just es.po.
Someone should check that out.

3) What should I do to start testing the translation?
I copied the file to the po directory and typed 'make
refresh-po' but my browser, even if it's configured
with es_ES as first locale, showed pages untranslated.
It's quite important to begin testing the translation
because I found lots of 'context dependent' problems
(I left some phrases untranslated due to that), which,
for sure, should be fixed by seeing the translation in
action.

Thanks in advance:

Alfonso Acosta

=====