reproduce-devel

[task #16103] Software update 2022-1

From: Mohammad Akhlaghi
Subject: [task #16103] Software update 2022-1
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 23:33:54 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #7, task #16103 (project reproduce):

Thanks for the clarification Boud.

Indeed, the fact that we download (La)TeX binaries from TeXLive is not good
and annoys me every time I build a Maneage'd project! We have started work on
fully building TeX Live from source in task #15267 (as as the development
branch texlive-from-src
<https://gitlab.com/maneage/project-dev/-/tree/texlive-from-src>). But work
didn't progress in the last two years due to time constraints.

About the Commit 74ff0f2f58
<https://codeberg.org/boud/gevcurvtest/commit/74ff0f2f58>, the problem has
indeed been fixed in CTAN's latest downloads (I tried full builds many times
in the last few days!). So to avoid complicating the rule and making it hard
to read, I think its best to not merge that part into the main 'maneage'
branch. Hopefully such package-specific hacks can be kept much better when
task #15267 is complete ;-).

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?16103>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/