reproduce-devel

[bug #61240] gcc 10.2.1-6 cannot compile gcc 10.2.0; related: unwind, ic

From: Boud Roukema
Subject: [bug #61240] gcc 10.2.1-6 cannot compile gcc 10.2.0; related: unwind, iconv
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 2021 17:31:59 -0400 (EDT)

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #61240 (project reproduce):

As I said in comment #5:

> The bug also occurs for 10.2.1-6 compiling 11.2.0.

So 'yes'. In other words, on x86_64, the bug also occurs with
--disable-multiarch for system-level 10.2.1-6 compiling 11.2.0 source. Andrew
Pinski in the #gcc irc discussion considered this to not be a gcc bug - the
user is expected to understand that on Debian there's no point disabling
multiarch when compiling with the Debian gcc.

Do we have any strong reasons for disabling multiarch? (Apart from the obvious
one that reproducibility is only intended on the single machine being used, so
multiarch is not _needed_, but that's an argument against not needing
multiarch, it's not an argument to disable multiarch since some systems have
multiarch directory usage for header and library files.)

Testing on aarch64 is continuing, right now with gcc-11.2.0-8 compiling
gcc-11.2.0 source code, since for combinations tested so far, there's a
reproducible ICE (internal compiler error) bug that may or may not be related
or prevent testing of the current bug. This may be an independent bug,
although it does appear related to unwind code. Details later...

  <https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?61240>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.nongnu.org/