Re: [Ranger-users] Find file recursive

From: John Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Find file recursive
Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 12:44:58 -0400

> > Hi all,
> >     is there a command that'll find files recursively, and maybe present
> >     them in some list where I could select a file to go to - akin to
> >     `find` command in the shell?
> >
> >     I looked through the manual, but scout/find/search commands seem to
> >     work only on the current directory.
> >
> >     If no such command exist, is there's a quick 'workaround' you could
> >     suggest?

> Replying once again (previously I replied directly, not to the list,
> sorry about that):
>
> If you want a workaround, you can use :flat and then the commands you
> mentioned.
>
> You can also try fzf <https://github.com/junegunn/fzf> which might come
> in handy.

Nice, thanks! Both of these are exactly what I've been looking for!
I tried flat -1, but unfortunately the project folder is too giant (3
minutes now, progress bar on ~1/5) so it won't be applicable in this
specific instance, but for sure will be useful elsewhere.

--
"That gum you like is going to come back in style."