[Ranger-users] Problem using ranger-1.9.0 VCS support with hg

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: [Ranger-users] Problem using ranger-1.9.0 VCS support with hg
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 10:23:04 -0800

I just updated to ranger-1.9.0 from 1.8.1 and tried using the VCS
support.  It seems to work in my git projects, but not in my
Mercurial projects.  When I browse to a directory or regular file in
a Mercurial project, I get this error message in red at the bottom
of the ranger screen.

    VCS Exception: View log for more info

I haven't found a log file anywhere.

My non-default VCS-related settings are:

    set vcs_backend_hg local
    set vcs_aware True

Where would I find the log file so that I can troubleshoot this?

Regards,
Gary