Re: [Ranger-users] Is there a "pure file-browse" mode

From: Felix Van der Jeugt
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Is there a "pure file-browse" mode
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2017 11:29:09 +0200

Dear Xu Wang,

Quoting Xu Wang (2017-10-03 22:44:05)
> The recent fix works good! One thing I find strange. If I do :travel
> And when I do '..' it does not automatically go to the parent dir. I
> have to press the return. Felix, did it used to go before
> automatically?

This is again sort of a bug. Travel works in two steps:

- First, it checks if there is a directory matching the query. For query
  `..`, this could be `a.directory.with.dots`. As soon as it finds a
  match, it goes to step two. You'll also go to step two when you hit
  enter.
- Second, it opens the directory matching the query. However, there is
  an override here. It there is a directory exactly matching (e.g.
  `..`), it'll go there. If not, it'll go to the best matching directory
  from step one.

So, if you enter `..`, travel will check for a match. If there is none,
nothing will happen. If there is, it'll go to `..`. If you press enter,
it'll go to `..` immediately.

Sincerely,
Felix