Re: [Ranger-users] shortcut to travel *current* directory

From: Wojciech 'vifon' Siewierski
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] shortcut to travel *current* directory
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2017 22:49:06 +0200

On 27.08.2017 19:39, Xu Wang wrote:
> I have received help from Felix and Wojciech to learn about the great
> travel command.
>
> However, i often want to travel the *current* directory, not the one
> that my cursor selects. I can easily do
>
> map T travel
>
> and then hT does what I want.
>
> but I want to only do "T". I tried to do
>
> map T chain cd .. ; travel
>
> but it does not work for me and I do not have understanding of why.
>
> Can someone please help?
Hi,

You need to use "map T console travel%space". You don't want to run
travel yet, you want to open the commandline containing the travel
command. Running travel coincidentally opens the commandline/console
afterwards but it's just a thing specifically about travel, that's why
it was "almost working". With any other similar command it will not work
at all or work in a seemingly unpredictable manner. Back to the topic...
"console travel%space" will open the commandline with "travel" and a
single space, after which you can enter your input.

I hope that explained it a little.

Cheers
--
Wojciech Siewierski