Re: [Ranger-users] Rifle-Forked GTK Applications Not Given Focus

From: Wojciech Siewierski
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Rifle-Forked GTK Applications Not Given Focus
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 11:09:05 +0200

On 11.06.2017 03:40, Grady Martin wrote:
> Hello.  I am curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this
> problem.  Here is what I have noticed.  Both examples use rifle and
> the fork (f) flag:
>
> - Spawn a new instance of a GTK application, and a new window is
> created on the current desktop and given focus.  Everything is good in
> the world.
> - Open into an existing instance of a GTK application whose window
> does NOT have focus, and the window will be raised to the foreground
> but not given focus.  This happens whether or not the GTK
> application's window exists on ranger's desktop or another desktop
> (though is especially confusing when they share a desktop, as ranger
> continues to accept input).
>
> Linux 4.10.13-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 27 12:15:09 CEST 2017
> x86_64 GNU/Linux
> ranger-stable 1.8.1
>
> GTK applications tested:
>
> - DeaDBeeF
> - Firefox
> - GNOME Character Map
> - GNOME Chess
>
> Example rifle configuration line:
>
> ext gbs|nsf|nsfe|spc, X, flag f = deadbeef "$@"
>
> I have yet to notice this problem with non-GTK applications.
Hello,

I just tested it with Firefox and unfortunately (or fortunately?) I
cannot reproduce the problem — Firefox gets the focus after opening a
HTML file. What is your desktop environment/window manager? It might
have something to do with this. My setup: Ubuntu 16.04 Server, XMonad, a
fresh ranger version from Git.

Cheers
--
Wojciech 'vifon Siewierski