[Ranger-users] Rifle-Forked GTK Applications Not Given Focus

From: Grady Martin
Subject: [Ranger-users] Rifle-Forked GTK Applications Not Given Focus
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2017 21:40:00 -0400

Hello.  I am curious as to whether anyone else has experienced this problem.
Here is what I have noticed.  Both examples use rifle and the fork (f) flag:

- Spawn a new instance of a GTK application, and a new window is created on the
current desktop and given focus.  Everything is good in the world.
- Open into an existing instance of a GTK application whose window does NOT
have focus, and the window will be raised to the foreground but not given
focus.  This happens whether or not the GTK application's window exists on
ranger's desktop or another desktop (though is especially confusing when they
share a desktop, as ranger continues to accept input).

Linux 4.10.13-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Thu Apr 27 12:15:09 CEST 2017 x86_64
GNU/Linux
ranger-stable 1.8.1

GTK applications tested:

- DeaDBeeF
- Firefox
- GNOME Character Map
- GNOME Chess

Example rifle configuration line:

ext gbs|nsf|nsfe|spc, X, flag f = deadbeef "$@"

I have yet to notice this problem with non-GTK applications.