[Ranger-users] Dealing with GtkFileChooser

From: Italo Cunha
Subject: [Ranger-users] Dealing with GtkFileChooser
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 19:19:06 -0300

Hi, I've been looking for a way to better interface between ranger and
browsers. The common use case is when choosing *multiple* files to
attach in GMail. Unfortunately, I did not find any solution. Here is
what I have tried:

- Copying marked filenames (with yy then 'echo %c | xclip') and
pasting to the Location field in the GtkFileChooser dialog. But
GtkFileChooser does not seem to parse multiple filenames in the
Location field (tried space-separated, comma-separated,
semicolon-separated, pipe-separated, you name it). (This does work
when one wants to attach one file.)

- Configure the browser to use anything other than GtkFileChooser, but
did not find a way to do that.

- Search the mailing list.

Other ideas?