Re: [Ranger-users] Ranger 1.7.0: Interaction between :filter and :linemo

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Ranger 1.7.0: Interaction between :filter and :linemode
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:46:16 -0700

On 2015-04-22, Grady Martin wrote:
> On 2015年04月20日 15時20分, Gary Johnson wrote:
> > So it appears that executing :linemode affects only the files
> > displayed at the time the command is executed rather than affecting
> > the display of all the files in that directory until the linemode is
> > changed.
>
> Bingo.  I don't think :filter is directly related.  Try using
> :rename, for instance.

Are saying this is expected behavior?

> Of course, there is no issue when using default_linemode.

I'd say :default_linemode has _different_ issues.  At times, it
seems to affect the display of directories below the current
directory, but not the current directory.  At other times, it seems
to affect the current directory but not subdirectories.

It's a great idea, but it needs a little work.

Regards,
Gary