Re: [Ranger-users] Ranger 1.7.0 is out now!

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Ranger 1.7.0 is out now!
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 09:32:02 -0700

On 2015-04-14, hut wrote:
> I am pleased to announce the release of ranger verison 1.7.0!  It
> contains a bunch of bugfixes and new features, all of which were
> previously on the master branch in git for you to try out.

> Here are some reactions to the release:
>
> "Nice"
>     -- Anonymous
>
> "It's good, I guess"
>     -- Anonymous
>
> "What?"
>     -- Anonymous

"Magnificent!"
    -- Me

I use ranger all the time, but there were a couple of features
missing that would have made it even more useful to me.  They are no
longer missing!

> * Added ":linemode" command to change the way the files are displayed
>   Try this out by pressing M followed by one of the suggested keys.
>   New linemodes can be added with ranger.api.register_linemode().

I've wanted to be able to compare modification times more easily.
With the ":linemode" feature, I was able to write a new linemode
(without having to know too much about what I was doing), "mtime",
that shows file names on the left and their modification times on
the right.

> * Added ":flat" command for displaying subdirectories

I've wanted a way to browse files in different directories as easily
as ranger allows me to browse files in a single directory.  ":flat",
together with ":filter", lets me do that!

Thank you for these new features.

Regards,
Gary