Re: [Ranger-users] A new approach to build the user interface of the fut

From: 2501
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] A new approach to build the user interface of the future!
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 19:16:51 +0200

Hi,

my first reaction was "What a so funny April Fools' Day !" but when I
realize it's true  I was very sad about the paradigm switch decision.

I don't participate to vi vi vi / emacs flame war and understand that
many people find more attractive emacs or all many other ways to use
softwares.

But one thing is very important, the choice. Choice is freedom and the
choice you include in ranger is to let user like me to customize at will.

My workflow is based on the vi paradigm (window manager, browser, music
player, filemanager, editor ^^ ...). I use ranger so many times during
the day with great sense of flow and harmony ^^

So thank you very much to listen, understand and take care of us all vi
/ emacs users, with this two distinct branches. A great answer.
Otherwise, hope all commits will be well sync between the two ;)

F.