[Ranger-users] Cannot open symbolic links inside Fuse-mounted directory

From: Baptiste Wicht
Subject: [Ranger-users] Cannot open symbolic links inside Fuse-mounted directory
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 22:10:23 +0200

Hi,

I'm having a problem with ranger. I'm using TMSU (http://tmsu.org/)
which create a FUSE-mounted directory inside which files can be viewed
by tags.

The problem is that when I'm inside the mounted file system, the
navigation works perfectly but I cannot open anything. I have some video
for instance. I can run them using `mplayer path_inside_fuse_fs'
without any problem, but I cannot open them from ranger. The files
inside the fuse-fs are symbolic links to the real files.

I noticed that if I use open_with mplayer in the fuse-mounted directory,
I have this error:

/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libreadline.so.6: invalid
ELF header

But I don't know if it is related. If I just open it with 'l' or
'enter', there is no such thing in the console.

Is there something in the configuration that could help ?

Thanks

Baptiste