[Ranger-users] spam wave at Q&A

From: Hut
Subject: [Ranger-users] spam wave at Q&A
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 06:31:49 +0100

I've been receiving tons of spam on the ranger Q&A [1] and at some point,
months ago, I turned on moderation for every new user.  That means, I have to
approve the first post of every user before it shows up.

But somehow the "send me a mail on moderation requests" feature of Q2A failed,
and I didn't receive any mail, never noticing the ~100 posts piling up and
waiting for approval.  Most of them were spam.

I apologize to the 7 users that had to wait until now for their questions to
show up.

hut

[1] http://ranger.carina.uberspace.de/qa/