Re: [Ranger-users] Alternative Navigation Mode

From: Hut
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Alternative Navigation Mode
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 20:14:22 +0100

On Sat, Feb 15, 2014 at 03:35:19PM -0200, Andrés Martano wrote:
> Hi, Hut
>
> To me the "travel" command is more similar to #2, but still not the same
> thing.
> Anyway, as I said in the last email, I found a solution for #2 using
> "scout -stke". =)
>
> The problem that persists is #1. You are a major developer, no? Do you
> know if I can use the hooks in the code to develop this feature like a
> plugin?

There are no hooks to add that kind of functionality.  I encourage you
to write a patch instead.

The place to modify in order to add letters/digits in front of a file
name would be BrowserColumn._draw_directory in
ranger/gui/widgets/browsercolumn.py, and you could add another option to
the "scout" command (ranger/config/commands.py) in order to get input
from the user.

hut