Re: [Ranger-users] Size a factor in selecting a viewer/editor?

From: niku
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Size a factor in selecting a viewer/editor?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 15:09:02 +0530

Ranger opens the file in the text editor when it “knows” that it is a
text file. It knows this by checking if the output of the following
command starts with a ‘text’ (e.g., if it is ‘text/plain’).
        file --mime-type -Lb "$path"

So check the output of the previous command for the odd file. You
probably have some binary control characters in the file, so the
output of the previous command is something other than text/*.

The command is mentioned in data/scope.sh. The test is mentioned in
config/rifle.conf.