[Ranger-users] Size a factor in selecting a viewer/editor?

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: [Ranger-users] Size a factor in selecting a viewer/editor?
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:07:21 -0800

I often use ranger to browse log files and type 'l' when I want to
open the currently-selected one in vim.  Today I did that and was
presented with an ":open_with " prompt.  Puzzled, I selected a log
file with the same name but in a different directory and it opened
without the prompt.  The only thing I can see that is special about
the file that raised the prompt is its size:  it's over 16 MB
whereas the files that opened without the prompt were all 2.4 MB or
less.

Is there some threshold file size over which ranger prompts for the
editor/viewer?  Can that threshold be changed?

Thanks,
Gary