Re: [Ranger-users] Bash Shell Aliases and ranger

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Bash Shell Aliases and ranger
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2013 12:12:13 -0700

On 2013-11-02, 修一悠 wrote:
> hi, I have some Script on ~/bin and I want to execute them from ranger,
> whenever I write some alias on ranger, I get the error "command not found" or
> something like that.

Are you trying to execute a command in ~/bin by using its name or
are you trying to execute an alias?  Shell aliases are not exported
so they are not available to programs such as ranger unless you
configure your shell or ranger so that your shell sources its rc
file (e.g., ~/.bashrc) when it is run from ranger.

If that is the problem, then one solution is to use wrapper scripts
in your ~/bin rather than aliases for commands that you expect to
run from ranger.

Regards,
Gary