Re: [Ranger-users] file copy problems

From: Emanuel Guével
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] file copy problems
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 11:27:55 +0200

Hi,

> third, it appears that the file copy module uses a lot of resources,
> much more than e.g. bash's cp, is this a common problem?

As I understand, file operations (moving and copying) are implemented
in Python for portability (GNU cp/mv features are not available
everywhere). It also permits having a progress bar, that we didn't have
when ranger used cp/mv. However, it is not as efficient, and I perceive
gui slowdowns when copying a large number of small files.

> fourth, ranger copies files on ext usb storages a way to fast, it
> finishes withn seconds, but removing the storages causes broken
> files. I have to wait self calculated time when it's save to remove
> it.

I don't have this problem. Do you remove your usb storage properly
(using e.g. umount command)?

Regards,
Emanuel