Re: [Ranger-users] file copy problems

From: Lingnan Dai
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] file copy problems
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 10:34:36 +0800

Just to chime in and say that I've had similar problems to what Pau has
described. I haven't really dug into the code, but it appears to me that loads
of tasks are synchronous (executed sequentially as seen in the task viewer).
This is especially problematic when I try to access network-mounted drives ---
sometimes tasks are so slow that they pile on each other and never complete. I
think at least some tasks should be made asynchronous e.g. File previewing
shouldn't slow me down when I'm just moving my cursor highlight up and down.

Best regards,
Lingnan Dai