Re: [Ranger-users] ranger: any quick key to go to the last modified file

From: Joshua Landau
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger: any quick key to go to the last modified file?
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 03:43:50 +0100

On 3 July 2013 21:24, Gary Johnson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Are the videos to be in addition to or instead of full documentation
> in the '?' functions?

Ha! We should make "?" download the video off youtube and then pipe it
through "mplayer -vo aa" to show it in ASCII right there in the
console!

Butsrsly, Hut, if you want to do it the go ahead, but I've never
really been a video fan. I know I'm not exactly your target audience
but if your demographic is just *newer versions of me* then it's
likely not that useful.

If you go ahead, I recommend using "script" and "scriptreplay" from
"util-linux" (you might have it already). That way it would actually
be sane to do the above advice -- have little videos with every
command that play directly in the shell. Of course, they shouldn't
replace the normal help pages.

Something like ":videohelp" for index of videos, ":videohelp
<command>" for videohelp for specific commands. With (esp. lzma)
compression the videos are really quite small.