Re: [Ranger-users] Desktop file for ranger

From: Miodrag Milic
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Desktop file for ranger
Date: Sun, 19 May 2013 16:01:36 +0200

Interestingly, now my chrome opens baobab instead ranger.
I installed ranger.desktop both locally and via command

xdg-mime default ranger.desktop inode/directory

xdg-open $HOME opens ranger

Next thing I did is to use mimeopen command
Setting ranger as default (using option -d) made chrome open it in its own window.

I see it created defaults.list in .local/share/applications. I changed it for inode/directory to point to ranger.desktop and then it worked, but, terminal was not my default one, gnome-terminal, but it opened xterm.

What determines which terminal opens when desktop file Terminal=true is set ?
I found the same question here:
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/72790/change-the-default-terminal-for-all-desktop-files

Proposed solution via update-alternatives didn't work...