Re: [Ranger-users] ranger infrastructure

From: Michishige Kaito
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger infrastructure
Date: Thu, 25 Apr 2013 17:03:03 +0100

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 05:56:07PM +0200, Roman Z. wrote:
> Hello ranger users,
>
> Instead of just talking about the idea of a forum, let's talk about the
> infrastructure in general.  The network of services that are related to
> ranger in some way is:
>
> ranger
>  |-- Savannah: https://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/ranger
>  |   |-- Homepage: http://www.nongnu.org/ranger/
>  |   |-- News: https://savannah.nongnu.org/news/?group=ranger
>  |   |-- Issue Tracker: https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?group=ranger
>  |   |-- git: https://savannah.nongnu.org/git/?group=ranger
>  |-- Arch Linux:
>  |   |-- Forum Thread: https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=93025
>  |   '-- Wiki Page: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ranger
>  |-- GitHub:
>  |   |-- git: https://github.com/hut/ranger
>  |   '-- Issue Tracker: https://github.com/hut/ranger/issues
>  |-- repo.or.cz:
>  |   '-- git: http://repo.or.cz/w/ranger.git
>  '-- Various package maintainers
>

> My questions:
>
> 1. Move to redmine [1]?  Most of the above can be replaced by it.
> 2. Can a Q/A system like [2] or [3] do the job of a bug tracker?
>    Often, questions about the software are actually bug reports.
>    Why not merge both systems into one?
> 3. What would be a good system for publishing plugins and patches?
> 4. What else sucks?
>
> My current plan would be to simply install a Q/A system like [2] or [3].
> If it works nicely, we can close the two bug trackers and the arch linux
> forum thread and use the Q/A system instead.  The Arch Linux wiki page
> would stay and GitHub would only serve as a redundant git host.
>

> Roman
>
> [1] http://www.redmine.org/
> [2] http://www.osqa.net/
> [3] http://www.question2answer.org/

As far as I can tell, you have everything you need with Savannah. What you do
have is a lot of redundant stuff, but that shouldn't bother you. Just keep
Savannah clean and up to date.
--
Michishige Kaito

BOFH excuse #122:

because Bill Gates is a Jehovah's witness and so nothing can work on St.
Swithin's day.