Re: [Ranger-users] Forum for ranger?

From: Joshua Landau
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] Forum for ranger?
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:13:19 +0100

On 22 April 2013 10:46, Miodrag Milic <address@hidden> wrote:
no phpBB please, at least v2 which doesn't have per thread search so you can't find anything on longer threads.

If that's the only reason, http://forums.ltheory.com/index.php is phpBB and has per-thread search.

I would use some StackOverflow alternative, there are several around.

i3 window manager uses Askbot for this:

The top question as of now is "What is recommended file manager for i3wm?" and do I need to tell you what the top answer for that is?

Here is one that is open source and done in Python:

i3's looks really, really nice but it seems it's not free ;). The thing I'm not sure of with this is that it seems restricted to the FAQ half of what a forum can do.