[Ranger-users] New option: "make uninstall"

From: Roman Z.
Subject: [Ranger-users] New option: "make uninstall"
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 16:48:57 +0200

Dear ranger users,

I want to announce that the ranger development team has been working
hard to provide a satisfying experience for all users independent of
their operating system.  While most modern operating systems have an
integrated package management system, some like the popular "Linux From
Scratch" or the somewhat antiquated "Microsoft Windows" do not have this
critical feature by default.

beginning, which provided many useful features, including the
possibility to install ranger on your system even without a package
management system!

But what if, at some point, you decide that you don't need ranger
anymore?  Though it is an unlikely scenario, we, the ranger developers,
plan for the worst.  In cooperation with respectable software
engineering institutes, we came to the conclusion that the most
efficient and thorough way to accomplish the removal of ranger is the
one that has been used in bumblebee.  Today we humbly present you with
the results:

https://github.com/hut/ranger/commit/f19c589432c68ae1979adb723deb3665d38c0b4a

To quote the commit message:

> Added bumblebee-like "make uninstall"
>
> This innovative uninstalling method unlocks the power and immense
> efficiency that resulted from years of dedicated R&D by the greatest
> minds to ever walk the face of the earth.  By now, this method is
> state-of-the-art after being tested by prestigious software such as
> bumblebee [1], marking a milestone and becoming a true legend in the
> history of open source development.
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/MrMEEE/bumblebee-Old-and-abbandoned/commit/a047be85247755cdbe0acce6f1dafc8beb84f2ac

I hope you will never need to use this feature, but if you ever do, here
it is!

Roman