Re: [Ranger-users] automount usb

From: Miodrag Milic
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] automount usb
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2013 16:29:35 +0100

I will check it out. Thanks F.
I see its replacement for udisks.

I installed yesterday udisks-glue which works from the box (no configuration required except starting up udisks-glue as a service or on desktop/shell start-up).

The only complaint I have so far is that it doesn't auto-unmount after timeout, like autofs, which means that some OSes may complain that USB disks have corrupted FS (unless mount option "sync" solves that, don't know yet). Quick glance on udevil tells me that it doesn't auto unmount too.

Is there any particular reason to use udevil over udisks-glue, apart from lower number of dependencies which are all probably already installed on most systems? Both are done in C and udisks is already installed on my Ubuntu system as it is, AFAIK, used by Gnome for automounting.