Re: [Ranger-users] ranger is not restoring my terminal settings

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger is not restoring my terminal settings
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2013 11:33:27 -0700

On 2013-03-17, Roman Z. wrote:
> I've never heard of this, ever.  I'd like to ask you to git bisect the
> problem, to determine the exact commit where it started.
>
> Assuming that it works fine with ranger 1.5.0, you could do it like
> this:
>
> $ cd ranger
> $ git checkout master -f  # overrides all uncommited changes to ranger
> $ git pull origin master  # updates ranger
> $ git bisect start master v1.5.0
> $ ./ranger.py -c          # -c makes it skip loading configs
> $ git bisect $X
> $ ./ranger.py -c
> $ git bisect $X
> $ ./ranger.py -c
> $ git bisect $X
> ..
>
> Replace "$X" with "good" if the version worked fine, with "bad" if
> ranger breaks your termios settings or with "skip" if you can't
> say for certain if it works or not.
>
> Also, throw in a "reset" command to restore the termios settings when
> they break.
>
> After roughly 8 steps, it should tell you what the offending commit is.

That was pretty easy.  Thanks for the clear instructions.  The last
two bisect commands looked like this:

    address@hidden $ git bisect good
    Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 1 step)
    [172591f762e9b7f67f7e8e3649a9a6c1066528a3] widgets.browsercolumn: check if
file was copied or cut when drawing

    address@hidden .../ranger-git/ranger $ git bisect bad
    Bisecting: 0 revisions left to test after this (roughly 0 steps)
    [b34807bd428bbe7bb40e8798af17f0f4cf5ecf1f] gui.ui: more portable terminal
title support

and the resulting ranger.py was good.

Regards,
Gary