Re: [Ranger-users] ranger: how-tos or cheat-sheet

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] ranger: how-tos or cheat-sheet
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 00:15:05 +0100

On Tue, Mar 05, 2013 at 11:01:51AM -0500, ping wrote:
> that really works. thanks!
> yes that's my flavor of tcpdump usage, giving me all major info I wanted.
> but in case I need to use some other parameters, I still hope I can
> use the great 'r' (open with) feature and type in whatever
> command/parameters I want,
> and for that, I haven't implemented yet, here is the test:
>
> press r
>
> 0 | vim ..
> 1 | ask
> 2 | "$EDITOR" ..
> 3 | "$PAGER" ..
>
> :open_with
>
> I then typed in "tcpdump -nr" and hit return...but nothing happened....

You remind me that "open_with" requires an overhaul ;). The way it
handles flags is really confusing and even I can't remember the correct
order of arguments...

But to answer your question, it depends whether you use the command
often or rarely.  If you just want to type it in a few times, simply
write "@tcpdump -nr<ENTER>".  To use it with open_with, you need to add
a line for tcpdump to rifle.conf.  Check the section about "rifle" in
the ranger man page and the documentation in rifle.conf.

Roman