Re: [Ranger-users] solarized colorscheme

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] solarized colorscheme
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 21:29:45 +0100

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 06:48:03PM +0000, Sepp Tannhuber wrote:
> if anybody is interested in a solarized like colorscheme, here it is.
> Hopefully it is okay to attach files here in this mailing list.

As already said, I like the color scheme :)

By the way, if you write something like:

> bg = context.bad and 100

then bg will be 100 if the condition is true, but if it's false, it will
be set to 0.  That makes the background color of symlinks black instead
of transparent.  Better do:

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 08:12:47PM +0000, Michishige Kaito wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 06:48:03PM +0000, Sepp Tannhuber wrote:
> [...] it's generally a
> bad idea to attach files to lists, especially inline. [...]

Why?

I actually prefer attachments because they are automatically archived on
your computer (unless you use some web interface for your emails) and
you can still access them in 5 years when the pastebin service is long
dead.

I would agree on that it's a bad idea to send >100 KB attachments to
public mailing lists since it uses up a disproportionate amount space
for people who might not care about the attachment.

Roman