Re: [Ranger-users] image preview with w3mimgdisplay

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] image preview with w3mimgdisplay
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 04:08:16 +0100

On Sat, Feb 02, 2013 at 02:32:45AM +0100, Emanuel Guével wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I made some progress recently concerning the ability to preview image
> files using w3mimgdisplay in ranger.
> You can get my code at my GitHub page [1] (enable image preview by
> entering 'set preview_images true' at ranger command prompt).

Thank you for integrating w3mimgdisplay into ranger.  I love this
feature!  I'm going to delay the release of ranger 1.6.0 until we got
this feature working with as few problems as possible.

I wonder though if it should be enabled by default, since it's rather
intrusive; normally you don't expect a terminal program to draw images
in your terminal, and it's not the fastest thing either.

Roman