[Ranger-users] How to make preview wrap long lines?

From: epeyys
Subject: [Ranger-users] How to make preview wrap long lines?
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 12:46:30 -0700

I have struggled for a day and a night trying to make preview (pager) wrap long
lines.  From "Dependencies" section under http://nongnu.org/ranger, I got an
impression that Ranger uses "less" for pager - "A pager (<a>less</a> by
default)", but having changed the following lines inside
$HOME/.config/ranger/apps.py to add an "N" after "R", which will make "less"
display line number, has made no difference.
def app_pager(self, c):
  return 'less', '-R', c

By looking around codes under /usr/share/pyshared/ranger/, I guess Ranger
default uses an embedded pager.  So my question is how I can turn on wrap
inside this default pager.

There are two screenshots on Ranger's main websites, one shows wrap-enabled,
one doesn't.
No wrap: http://nongnu.org/ranger/screenshots/screenshot0.png
Has wrap:
http://download.savannah.gnu.org/releases-noredirect/ranger/screenshot2.png

I am using Ubuntu 12.04, and Ranger version is "ranger 1.5.2 (stable)".  Thank
everyone for this great product.