[Ranger-users] ranger not usable in my environment anymore

From: Sitaram Chamarty
Subject: [Ranger-users] ranger not usable in my environment anymore
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 11:00:16 +0530

Hi,

I have a rather unique "environment".  I carry around all my essential
software in a single directory because I often have to work on strange
machines where I don't want to/can't install stuff.

Till recently, ranger's "you dont have to install anything" used to
work great for me.  I'd just set PYTHONPATH to the right place and off
I'd go.

Now even the good old standby doesn't work, and this is apparently by design.

I'm not a python programmer, and I do not know how to "fake out" an
install to get things working.

Can someone help me?  If my use case is not clear I'd be glad to
explain in more detail.  Just don't tell me to "install it".  That is
not an option, and honestly, in a standalone program like this with
its own libraries, as long as the requisite ncurses etc are present,
it *ought* to be able to work in standalone "do not touch the rest of
the system dammit" mode.

Thanks

--
Sitaram