[Ranger-users] Some configuration which I want to do with Ranger

From: Mathew de Detrich
Subject: [Ranger-users] Some configuration which I want to do with Ranger
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 09:47:36 +0000

I wan't to currently set up ranger so it works as follows, however I am not sure if its possible (without altering the Ranger source code instead of just using configuration files)

Basically these are the changes I would like to be done in Ranger

If ranger opens a file (by use of movement with the 'right' key as an example or through editing), IF the associated program is a terminal run program (vim) ranger will close and run that program with the file (vim) in a new terminal session, otherwise if its an X application, ranger just closes itself and executes the program opening the file

Is this possible to do in ranger through configuration

Thanks