Re: Re: [Ranger-users] use $XDG_CONFIG_HOME rather than ~/.ranger?

From: David Woodfall
Subject: Re: Re: [Ranger-users] use $XDG_CONFIG_HOME rather than ~/.ranger?
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 08:23:47 +0100

On (14:46 24/06/10), Jostein Berntsen <address@hidden> put forth the
proposition:
On 24.06.10,01:11, David Woodfall wrote:
On (21:34 23/06/10), Roman Z. <address@hidden> put forth the proposition:
>What do you guys think about the XDG specification for configuration
>directories?
>
>http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/latest/
>
>Or more precisely, about changing rangers configuration path from
>$HOME/.ranger/ to $HOME/.config/ranger (or $XDG_CONFIG_HOME if it is
>set?)

I guess that would ok.

>Two people already requested this, but since you can choose rangers
>configuration path with the option --confdir, I didn't change it yet.

It would be nice to keep this option in too.

>Vote?

For me the $HOME/.ranger/ configuration works just fine.

Could always ln -s ~/.config/ranger ~/.ranger I guess.

Jostein

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.