Re: Re: Re: Re: [Ranger-users] Version 1.1.0

From: David Woodfall
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: [Ranger-users] Version 1.1.0
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 23:43:53 +0100

On (18:04 21/06/10), Roman Z. <address@hidden> put forth the proposition:
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 08:33:45PM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
On (21:01 14/06/10), Roman Z. <address@hidden> put forth the proposition:
>On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 07:48:57PM +0100, David Woodfall wrote:
>>Link gives a 404
>
>Oh, it takes a while until the mirrors are synchronized.
>
>Depending on how slackware packages are working:
>
>1. If you need the file just once, I can upload it somewhere else quickly.
>2. If users will be downloading the file from there on each install, we
>just gotta wait some time until the file is there.

I just submitted a slackbuild on the available source (with the
-exxxxx name) but as soon as the 1.1.0 hits the mirrors I will
resubmit. So no need to upload anything right now - I will wait for
the mirror to sync.

Thanks

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.

Yo David, a new version is out. It uses a more common way of installing
python programs, "setup.py", though you can still use "make install",
possibly without any changes to your script.

Anyway, here's the archlinux pkgbuild, it might help you with your
slackbuild:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ranger/ranger/PKGBUILD

The new download url is:
http://download.savannah.nongnu.org/releases/ranger/releases/ranger-1.1.1.tar.gz

Great, downloading now.

--
Don't look back, the lemmings are gaining on you.