Re: [Ranger-users] feature request: special help page to show all curren

From: Roman Z.
Subject: Re: [Ranger-users] feature request: special help page to show all current key maps
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 12:43:49 +0200

> (maybe difficult...)

Due to the dynamic nature of python it's hardly possible to display the
currently active hotkeys.  Often keys are bound to anonymous functions
or wrappers which contain no information about "what should be done"
when that key is pressed.

So the best I can do is display ranger/defaults/keys.py + ~/.ranger/keys.py
in a pager =P

> or we could document the ones that have been added into
> ranger/defaults/keys.py.
>
> I wouldn't mind volunteering to keep that uptodate and send you
> patches if you wish, but there has to be some way people discover "A"
> and "bf" than reading the source ;-)

But yes I should probably document all default keybindings in the docs :S