Emulating multi core processor (ARM cortex M7) on QEMU

From: ankita suman
Subject: Emulating multi core processor (ARM cortex M7) on QEMU
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2024 16:28:13 +0530

Hello,

I am trying to emulate multi core processor (dual core for now) on QEMU. The processor I am targeting is cortex m7. I tried by running multiple instances of QEMU to emulate multi cores, and use shared memory for communication, but since I am working on a bare metal environment, I don't have the options of libraries for synchronization.
Another approach I tried was using inter VM shared memory(ivshmem). But I am facing the same problem. I am able to write and read from the ivshmem device from two different QEMU instances, but it is not working for ARM.

can someone please guide me on how to proceed and what is the best approach? If there are library support in QEMU for multi core emulation, kindly let me know, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks and regards,
Ankita Suman